We’re in search of a Senior Product Designer! This role is for a creative individual that is passionate about custom design and manufacturing. With this position often comes a high level of communication, an artistic eye, and a sense of urgency to closing a deal. It is important to have the ability to read your customers’ needs; making the customer feel comfortable on their level while remaining a true professional and executing the Cristaux values.
The Senior Product Designer will also be responsible for research & development for internal purposes, using the machinery and decoration methods available. This is an on-site position at our Elk Grove Village facility to continually work with our production team to evolve systems and processes. The Senior Product Designer will play a very integral role in interacting with our customers and working through their creative challenges in tandem with our account managers. This position will also become a support system to our sales representatives and account managers in helping transition concepts from ideas to live creations through whatever means necessary.
Qualifications and Physical/Mental Requirements:
The Senior Product Designer will need to possess a problem/solution approach to custom concepts and be able to brainstorm quick ideas in a fast workplace environment. The Senior Product Designer must be comfortable leading meetings with clients and colleagues, as well as internally directing the development of custom projects. The Senior Product Designer must be willing to collaborate with factories on projects to check on status, help work with changes, and confirm capabilities before working on a design. Though it is not a regular occurrence, this position requires the ability to work extra hours on tight deadlines and periodic evenings while operating with different time zones.
All resumes MUST BE accompanied with a detailed portfolio of work completed.
Only qualified applicants with a submitted portfolio will be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial/product design experience in a creative industry.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of Management experience in production design.
- Minimum of 5 years working with manufacturing vendors
- Must provide a portfolio to be considered for the position.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to listen and advocate for best design practices.
- Ability to communicate through online project management board, emails, internal chat application, phone & text.
- Interpersonal skills, collaborative, flexible and professional with attention to detail is required.
- Solid command of the English language: Both written and verbal.
- Well organized.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Flexible, friendly and engaging.
- Positive disposition to serve and provide great customer service.
- Capable of working directly with a team of designers, sales representatives, and clients through various channels of communication.
- Ability to take/give constructive criticism with a positive approach.
- Must demonstrate outstanding design talent, passion, and creativity.
- Possess the ability to develop new and exciting ideas that are ahead of industry trends.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to hand/digitally sketch ideas, create die lines for manufacturing and create prototypes with in-house resources.
- 3D modeling & rendering skills is required, preferably with an understanding of 3dsMAX, Mudbox and/or Zbrush (other modeling software will be considered eligible).
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (After Effects, Premiere & Encoder a plus).
- Knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD is a highly considered skill.
- Skilled in operating CNC machine and 3d Printing (waterjet cutting a plus).
**PLEASE, NO RECRUITERS**