We are looking for an experienced sales manager who has a direct understanding of new business development; both inbound and outbound. The right candidate must display detailed experience managing and facilitating enterprise sales contracts all while operating within longer sales cycles (anywhere from 30-120 days).
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to: promoting and selling the Cristaux brand both domestically and internationally, generating brand awareness through direct phone calls, online reach, social media channels, trade shows, virtual showroom tours and/or networking events. The Sales Manager will report directly to the CEO, though will interact daily with all levels of management. The candidate will also be responsible for managing a team of 4-8 individuals, and providing bi-monthly reports and KPI’s to CEO. We are looking for someone who is a real go-getter that truly not only has a passion for design and manufacturing, but also building a team with endless potential.
Specific Position Requirements
- 5-7 years of direct sales and management experience; high-end product sales is preferred.
- Finding creative solutions for automating internal sales and customer service processes while increasing departmental efficiency.
- Continually enforce and refine prospect qualification process with sales and customer service team.
- Streamlining our current sales process and tightening current sales cycle turnover.
- Ensuring all customers remain in good standing with the Cristaux receivables.
- Works closely with corresponding inner-departmental teams to meet commitments.
- Support sales and customer service teams with continual feedback (calls, emails, etc.), and assist with various custom project demands. Experience managing onsite and offsite is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, well organized and very personable. An athletic background is a plus.
- Qualified candidate must submit a resume and cover letter using the word “Swagger” in subject line.
- Strong analytical understanding with a history of using KPI dashboards to operate a team and report results to senior management. Management of individual metrics and group revenue goals.
- Actively sell to existing and new customers, increasing sales accounts and volume, increasing customer usage of our products, and expanding customer touch points.
- Provide professional consultation and guidance to managers and sales department employees.
- Proposes optimal materials or products to customers and information the value-added benefits.
- Drafts presentations and other sales/marketing materials that explain product benefits and services to customers.
- Provides specifications, quotes, and other bid information to clients.
- Negotiates prices, terms of sales, and/or service agreements; prepares contracts and submits orders.
- Proposes quotations and renewals to either the prospect to ensure the complete understanding of product, price, and services being offered.
- When necessary, and in coordination with Account Management, provides customers and producers with prompt and efficient service in a fair, courteous, and responsive manner by conducting employee meetings with clients.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings. Present monthly forecasting reports for the executive team.
- Experience working with ERP & Project Management Systems. CRM experience is a must.
- Manage orders within our project management systems and ensure full accuracy in processing sales orders while diligently working with procurement and operations teams.
- Manage, clean, and upkeep accuracy of CRM data and reporting.
- Must have direct experience managing teams as well as managing complex multitasking processes within different stages of completion is a plus.
- Hires, trains, develops and manages accountability for all of the sales, including taking corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy.
- Make outbound sales calls and accurately onboard both outbound and inbound custom projects into the company. May be required to sporadically process stock orders as well.
- Work closely with marketing team innovating and developing new strategies and resources geared towards acquiring new business.
- Responsible for managing a quota and sales pipeline.
- Responsible for managing established customer relationships, all while proactively finding and qualifying new customer relationships – both domestic and international.
- Oversee and responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction with established accounts.
- Performs miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Well organized with excellent communication skills.
- Must be very comfortable using a computer, and type at least 45 words per minute.
- Thorough knowledge of spreadsheets and other office tools.
- Proven negotiations skills are a must.
- Solid command of the English language: Both written and verbal.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Flexible, friendly and engaging. Must be able to communicate in an encouraging and stimulating manner, on a frequent basis with upper management, individuals, groups, and subordinates.
- Provide value-added solutions to customers based on customer needs and requirements.
- Prior experience in contract sales, enterprise sales, and/or long sales cycles is required.
- Use CRM system to enter and update sales calls, opportunities and customer contact information.
- Experience hiring, training, and managing teams is a must.
- Capable of working in a team environment.
- High degree of intellectual horsepower, and ability to creatively work through resolutions.
- Demonstrate creative, organizational, and collaborative skills.
- Extremely organized and prioritizes project management tasks on a daily basis.
- Collaborate with design, production, and finance teams on sensitive projects.
- Possess the ability to proactively develop new and innovative ideas for expanding our current customer relations. Always able to think outside the box at all times.
- This is a full-time position, with a requirement of operating from our production facility 80% of the time once training is completed.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Communication Arts, Business Management, or Operations is preferred.
Minimum five (5) to seven (7) years of sales and/or project management experience is necessary. Understanding of the promotional products industry is extremely helpful. An appreciation for design and manufacturing is a plus. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Autonomy. We do not like to micromanage, but we expect you to get the job done.
- 401K, PTO, Company Bonus Pool, Apple MacBook, Competitive Compensation.
- Bonus abilities based on quota and new revenue goals.
- Ability to work from home and visit our production facility when you need to break away.
- Ability to quickly grow within an incredibly fun company!
Qualifications and Physical/Mental Requirements:
The Sales Manager must have direct experience in sales and customer service; particularly managing and acquiring enterprise sales contracts all while operating within longer sales cycles (anywhere from 30-120 days). Experience using a CRM and ERP system; B2B promotions-related industry experience managing wholesale accounts is a major plus. The ideal candidate should resemble high levels of emotional intelligence and have the ability to read, interpret, manage and address the majority of customer needs. Making the customer feel comfortable during all stages of the sales cycle while remaining a true professional and in direct alignment with the Cristaux values and core principles.
Should have access to reliable transportation as our facility is in Elk Grove Village, Illinois.
Please no phone calls. Cover letters are always appreciated.
Daily tasks include: Flexible with work hours. Once trained, may occasionally work from home or be on the road traveling to visit customers. Sitting, answering calls, computer work, responding to emails, occasionally walking and standing. Educating customers, conducting meetings, troubleshooting inquiries, qualifying new leads, etc. Interacting with small and large teams, executing while keeping laser focus on project goals, and having a positive attitude is a must. Letting your personality show!