The Project Coordinator will support the Senior Project Manager and will be responsible for coordinating with sales, operations, customer service, and the procurement department to improve operational efficiencies, ERP system integrity, and quoting & purchase order processing. This position will also be responsible for making sure products reach their destinations safely, securely, and on-time. Part of supply chain management is dictating transportation efforts across the US & overseas. The goal is to ensure the smooth operations of a variety of channels aiming for maximum efficiency.
- Well organized with excellent communication skills.
- Must be very comfortable using a computer.
- Thorough knowledge of spreadsheets and other office tools.
- Proven negotiations skills, customer service and consulting skills are a must.
- Solid command of the English language: Both written and verbal.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Flexible, friendly, and engaging. Must be able to communicate in an encouraging and stimulating manner, on a frequent basis with upper management, individuals, groups, and subordinates.
- Work with inventory management to ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned purchase orders and report any back-ordered or missing products.
- Assist the inventory management team with maintaining proper inventory levels of materials/products used on a regular basis.
- Establish reliable lines of contact with the account managers to ensure that all purchase orders are accurate
- Provide value-added solutions to account managers based on his/her needs and requirements for their orders.
- Review purchase orders and shipping documents to ensure accuracy
- Organize transportation activities, managing information accrued from point of origin to delivery, orchestrating transportation movements, and arranging for services as necessary
- Coordinate and track movement of goods through logistic pathways (ocean liners, ground transportation, air freight, etc).
- Coordinate with procurement department of goods shipping from overseas and schedule the most cost-effective shipping containers.
- Execute logistics plan to move products and packages to reach destinations on schedule.
- Making special shipping arrangements as necessary.
- Watching over shipping exceptions in ShipStation. You will be responsible for communicating with FedEx/UPS/etc on next steps to release shipments from customs/pending delivery/incorrect addresses.
- Quote/Review freight rates and other transportation costs to keep costs low.
- Maintaining quality throughout the logistic processes.
- Use Microsoft Dynamics NAV system to enter and update vendors, tagging system, and vendor contact information.
- Capable of working in a team environment.
- Demonstrate creative, organizational, and collaborative skills.
- Extremely organized and prioritizes project management tasks on a daily basis.
- Collaborate with design, production, and finance teams on sensitive projects.
- Perform purchasing functions including quoting, purchase order creation, securing approvals, placing orders with suppliers, and expediting as needed.
- Perform customer contract reviews to determine new component and outside processing requirements; create new part numbers and bill of materials.
- Perform additional duties assigned by the Senior Project Manager.
Specific Position Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a purchasing role.
- Associates Degree or a CPM / CPSM certification.
- Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast paced environment
- Excellent client/vendor-facing communication skills
- Negotiation skills is a must
- Knowledgeable in product development/materials
- Place orders and ensure inventory is properly distributed
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and industry standard purchase order software platforms
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
- Manage relationship with the client during ongoing projects
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients and vendors
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed oriented notes and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Track project performance – specifically analyzing project completion
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients & account managers
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, well organized and very personable.
- Possess experience working with ERP & Project Management Systems.
- Possess the ability to process projects A-Z.
- Daily check-in on all projects across the board. Finding out their status, working with each department to make sure everything is on schedule. Setting deadlines for projects.
- Works closely with account manager to provide shipping manager proper drop ship files for large orders.
- Performs miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
This is a full-time position. Typical working hours are not 9am-5pm – Required chat/email with vendors overseas. Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Required Education & Experience
Associates Degree or a CPM / CPSM certification. Minimum two (2) years of related customer service and purchasing experience.
Qualifications and Physical/Mental Requirements
The Project Coordinator must have direct experience with sales and customer service. The ideal candidate should resemble high levels of emotional intelligence and have the ability to read, interpret, manage and address the majority of customer & account manager needs. Making the customer & account representative feel comfortable during all stages of the order cycle while remaining a true professional and in direct alignment with the Cristaux values and core principles.
Daily tasks include: Flexible with work hours. Once trained, may occasionally work from home or be on the road traveling to visit vendors. Sitting, answering calls, computer work, responding to emails, occasionally walking and standing. Educating customers, customer order processing, sending out PO’s, quoting, etc. Interacting with small and large teams, executing while keeping laser focus on project goals, and having a positive attitude is a must. Letting your personality show!