We are looking for a Product Designer who is a creative individual and passionate about custom design/manufacturing. With this position often comes a high level of communication, an artistic eye, and a sense of urgency to closing a deal. Trust and confidentiality are undoubtedly ensured. It is important to have the ability to read your customers’ needs; making the customer feel comfortable on their level while still remaining a true professional and executing the Cristaux values. The Product Designer will also be responsible for research & development for internal purposes, using the machinery and decoration methods available. This position will require to be on-site at our Elk Grove facility at least 1-2 times per week continually working with our production team to evolve systems and processes. The Product Designer will play a very integral and personable role interacting with our customers and working through their creative challenges together as a team in tandem with our account managers. This position will also become a support system to our sales representatives and account managers in helping transition concepts from creative ideas to live creations through whatever means necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial / product design experience in a creative industry.
- Must provide a portfolio to be considered for the position.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to listen and advocate for best design practices.
- Ability to communicate through online project management board, emails, internal chat application, phone & text.
- Interpersonal skills, collaborative, flexible, and professional with attention to detail is required.
- Solid command of the English language: Both written and verbal
- Well organized
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Flexible, friendly, and engaging
- Positive disposition to serve and provide great customer service
- Capable of working directly with a team of designers, sales representatives, and clients.
- Ability to take/give constructive criticism with a positive approach.
- Must demonstrate outstanding design talent, passion, and creativity.
- Possess the ability to develop new and exciting ideas that are ahead of industry trends.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- 3D modeling & rendering skills are required, preferably with an understanding of 3dsMAX, Mudbox, and/or Zbrush (other modeling software will be considered eligible).
- Proficient in Abode Photoshop and Illustrator (After Effects, Premiere & Encoder a plus).
- Knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD is a highly considered skill.
- Skilled in operating CNC machine and 3d Printing (waterjet cutting a plus)
- Ability to hand / digitally sketch ideas, create die lines for manufacturing, and create prototypes with in-house resources.
Qualifications and Physical / Mental Requirements:
The Product Designer will need to possess a problem/solution approach to custom concepts and be able to brainstorm quick ideas in a fast workplace environment. The Product Designer must be comfortable leading meetings with clients and colleagues, as well as internally directing the development of custom projects. The Product Designer must be willing to collaborate with factories on projects to check on status, help work with changes, and confirm capabilities before working on a design. Though it is not a regular occurrence, this position requires the ability to work extra hours on tight deadlines and periodically throughout evenings while operating in different time zones. All resumes MUST BE accompanied with a detailed portfolio of work completed.
Only qualified applicants with a submitted portfolio will be considered.
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
Yes. On-site temperature checks, bi-monthly facility sanitation, masks provided, hand sanitizer, etc.