We are looking to add a savvy, creative, and passionate content writer that will support and report to the Marketing Manager and will be responsible for coordinating and curating content for all marketing mediums. The candidate should have at least two years of content writing experience and have a basic understanding of SEO.
Specific Position Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years in office experience.
- Associates Degree.
- Experience creating web content.
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word, and industry-standard sales and purchase order software platforms.
- Basic understanding of SEO.
- Ability to adapt to different writing styles based on the needs of the content.
- Capable of writing succinct, fact-filled content with an active and engaging tone.
- Ideally have a degree in Journalism, English or Communications.
- Well organized with excellent communication skills.
- Must be very comfortable using a computer.
- Must be able to type at least 60-80 words per minute with high accuracy.
- Thorough knowledge of spreadsheets and other office tools.
- Solid command of the English language: Both written and verbal.
- Strong multi-tasking and organization skills. Advanced time management and analytical skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, well organized and very personable.
- Flexible, friendly, and engaging. Must be able to communicate in an encouraging and stimulating manner, on a frequent basis with upper management, individuals, groups, and subordinates.
- Establish reliable lines of contact with members of the Cristaux team to find content-worthy topics.
- Capable of working in a team environment.
- Perform additional duties assigned by the Marketing Manager.
This is a part-time position. Typical working hours are 9am-5pm. Communication and access to emails after hours as needed. Once trained, candidate may work remote or from our Elk Grove Village facility.
Required Education & Experience
Associates Degree. Minimum two (2) years of related content writing experience. Will preferably have a degree in Journalism, English or Communications. Will be able to write interesting, well-researched and emotionally charged content for all marketing mediums.
Qualifications and Physical/Mental Requirements
The Content Writer must have direct experience writing web content. Experience using Microsoft Word & Excel. The ideal candidate should resemble high levels of emotional intelligence and have the ability to research, interpret and curate unique content to drive traffic to all marketing mediums. Must be able to publish multiple types of content on the fly and adapt to new marketing campaign initiatives on an ad hoc basis. Candidate should be comfortable writing quality content spanning from 500 – 2,000 words. All candidates should be prepared to show a portfolio of their work.
Daily tasks include: Flexible work hours. Will need to work with all members of the Cristaux team to research and develop worthy content for the website, social media, white papers, and other marketing campaigns. Will focus on aligning work with SEO capabilities and use creative autonomy to further develop out campaigns to reach our goals.